I'll be updating and tracking on this throughout the year - finally got around to making a post. Link is in sidebar under participating events.
Runs January to June
JANUARY’S THEME: Reading challenges, scheduling, & resolutions
- Planning 2015 challenges - Done - Link
- Picking 2015 resolutions -
Didn't make official post, but have some resolutions (read more of certain genres, certain schedules, maintain blog, be more active in commenting, posting, catching up on reviews)
- Find a buddy! - Skipping this one
- Make plans to read and write! - Doing - On Goodreads shelf doing a new order of planning. Instead of by month doing by order bookshelves which have genres to move around as one is read.
FEBRUARY: Blog maintenance
- Updating old reviews, pages, layouts, features/memes, contact info - I didn't finish updating old reviews, will have to work on in March.
- Updated a few pages - For About Me page, separated into two pages instead of one with reading history now having it's own page. Updated genres and ARC requests information. Also updated bottom of footer with information on sources.
- Updated and re-registered with MyFreeCopyRight.
- Changed design of bottom footer.
- Created new DIV section to display most recent reviews at the bottom of the footer.
- Created new website button, but have to make sharing code still (see on sidebar)
- Add new zombie banner on sidebar
- Added sort by Star rating on the sidebar. Designed graphics, hover code. Created 9 pages of star ratings.
- Removed section of random posts from sidebar (not needed, cleanup)
- Updated Popular last 30 days code
- Made a new Mailbox Monday banner to variate with.
- Clean up images, broken links
- Removed several website links from Blogroll page.
MARCH: Social Media + Review Outlets
Update social media accounts: bios, who you follow, delete old accounts you won’t use, resolve to use some accounts more
Organize Goodreads shelves: duplicate copies, version of books, creating shelves, removing shelves
APRIL: Graphics, HTML, CSS, Plug-ins
Update graphics for posts/memes/events, update button, update header
Brush up or try to learn simple HTML and CSS (for layouts, fonts, etc). Take this month to delve into the scary world of coding! (Or at least teach yourself one new thing!)
MAY: Book clean-up + spring cleaning!
Culling shelves, giveaways, donations, giving back borrowed books
Reading books you were given as gifts, ARC catch up
Rearranging shelves, updating Goodreads again, giving back borrowed books
More cross-posting & cleaning up GR shelves
Recapping what you’ve organized, focus on biggest area of need, review TBR list